October 201314th July 2014
What causes bad breath? | Why do I have bad breath?
It is said that around 15-35% of people may suffer with bad breath but why? It can also be described as halitosis
The causes are usually one of the following:
- Gum Disease
- Cavities/tooth decay
- Dry Mouth(xerostomia)
- Oral Cancer
- Poor oral hygiene
- Bacteria on the tongue
- Food stuck between your teeth
Ways to combat bad breath.
- Reglular visits to a dentist.
- Twice daily tootbrushing.
- Flossing or other interdental aids daily.
- Drink plenty of fuilds(avoid coffee) water is ideal
- Brush your tongue alongside your teeth.
If you suffer from bad breath you should visit a dentist to rule out any of the above and to be sure itis a dental problem. You will then be able to address the issue and look for a way to treat it. You should never leave it untreated Call today ………